Thursday, February 5, 2009

A LITTLE HUMOR ABOUT KEVIN GREENE

So I just got done watching "The Wrestler," and wow, what a movie. I suggest it to everyone. It shows a whole different side of the professional wrestling world, and Mickey Rourke does an amazing job as Randy "The Ram" Robinson. Watching this movie triggered some memories of days long, long ago. Well, not really that long ago. But the late 90's, for me, is half a lifetime ago.

Kevin Greene came to mind. And for those of you who don't remember, I wonder how many Packers will be bringing this up to him.

Greene had a few brief stints with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) back in the late 90's, and his original partner, former bear Steve McMichael, became his biggest enemy after breaking up their tag team in favor of the "Four Horsemen." Greene defeated McMichael after returning from a brief time away from the sport, to get his revenge on his former partner. Check out this interview MouthpieceSports did with McMichael about his wrestling days. But isn't it only fitting that when the two faced off head to head, the Packer got the best of the Bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers