Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THANK YOU MR. ZYGI WILF GUY

First of all, that name sounds like a Vikings name. Like a real viking. Zygi Wilf. Yeah... Anyways...

It seems like it really, REALLY is over for Brett now. Like, REALLY. Last night I read that the Vikings have no interest in Brett Favre taking over the throne of quarterback mediocrity that is Minnesota. And that has been the one place rumored to be able to spark Brett's interest to return from retirement yet again. Thank God. This comes just after he had admitted part of his coming back last year was to "stick it to" Ted Thompson. I wouldn't be able to live seeing Favre in a Vikings jersey, nonetheless have to face him twice.

Minnesota's owner Zygi Wilf said in an interview with the Star Tribune (Minneapolis), "I would have been interested 15 years ago... No, I'm not interested. No way. I think he's done well, he retired, it's good. He's a great guy. I'm just happy that we don't have to keep on facing him." So thank you, Mr. Wilf, for NOT being interested in Brett and threatening to bring him to rival Minnesota. I appreciate that.

But 15 years ago you would have been interested? What about a year and a half ago when during the 2007 season he went 65 for 91 (71.4 comp %) for 695 yards 5 touchdowns and no interceptions in two Packers wins at a combined score of 57-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers