Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'M SHAKING IN MY BOOTS

Although it had already been leaked onto the internet because of a mistakenly released toy truck, the new Detroit Lions logo was officially revealed yesterday. I don't know about everybody else, but the the ferocity of the new lion has me forgetting all about that 0-16 season they had last year. I'm even worried that they might win a game. I mean, come on Detroit, it's just like MJD said over at Shutdown Corner.
When you're coming off an 0-16 season, rarely is the logo at the top of anyone's list of concerns. For example, no one in Detroit had this conversation last year:

Fan 1: Man, we went 0-16. We are awful. This franchise is in terrible shape.
Fan 2: I know. And you know what's worse? Our lion logo doesn't even have a discernible mouth!

I will be there when the Packers get their first shot at taking down these new (and improved? no) Lions on October 18th. I hope Aaron Rodgers doesn't fear the new lion like the University of Maryland suggests you should "Fear [this] Turtle."

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers