Friday, April 10, 2009

FORMER MEMBER OF THE GREEN AND IS GOLD GOING GREEN

I thought that I had heard something recently about the building of a "green" (environmentally friendly) city in the US. MJD of Yahoo's Shutdown Corner allowed a non-news-consumer like myself get the lowdown on this amazing idea.

Former Packer Syd Kitson (drafted in 1980) is leading the development of Babcock Ranch in southwest Florida. Kitson, whose career as a guard lasted six years of protecting quarterbacks, is now doing his part in protecting the environment. And for someone like myself who goes to school in Ithaca, NY, the most leftover hippy-dwelling and greenest city that I've ever been in, this story is quite interesting. The city is projected to cost about $2 billion, but with 100% of the city's energy coming from solar power and being reusable, it could save a lot of money and can help save the planet in the long run. While the economy probably isn't in the best place to pursue such an idea right now, if these guys really care about the environment, I believe they know that they can receive the financial backing necessary. Watch the virtual tour video; this really is something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers