Friday, January 30, 2009

RODGERS AND FAVRE HAVEN'T SPOKEN

So I guess there was I reason that I started today with the Rodgers vs Favre situation... Because even the Green Bay Press Gazette is reporting on it this morning. And wow do they have a great picture to go along with it... A-Rod STILL can't escape the questions about Brett, and Michael Irvin and his Dallas based ESPN Radio show apparently barraged him with relationship questions as if they were TMZ or one of those stupid entertainment shows. However, they dug up an interesting fact that I did not previously know: The two haven't spoken since the 2008 NFC Championship game. Not at all. Rodgers claims he has tried to get in touch with Brett, but Favre has still to this day yet to respond. A-Rod even says, "It's disappointing" on Irvin's program. He sounds genuinely upset if you listen to the podcast, and that hurts to hear as a Packers fan, and also a Favre fan. Irvin's co-host Kevin Kiley even says he can "see Aaron struggling with this." And I could imagine. He learned under Favre for three seasons, in 2007 they were the only quarterbacks on the team; they had to have some sort of a relationship. And now Brett just won't talk to him. C'mon Brett. This is bigger than football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers