Friday, March 27, 2009

PRESTON TO THE PACK

My roommate and best friend from college is a HUGE Buffalo Bills fan. So when I heard the Packers were interested in Duke Preston, I immediately went to him for his insight into the former Bill center. His response, and I quote, "When the Bills don't resign a player it is for one of two reasons. Either they can't afford him, or he's so bad that even they don't want him. Good luck." Clearly he feels Preston fits into the latter. Not good enough to be on the Buffalo Bills? Ouch. Many people are high on his combination of size and athleticism, however, so we will see if he can give Scott Wells a run for his money at the center position. He's also a possibility at the guard positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers