Thursday, February 12, 2009

DON'T BUILD ME UP JUST TO BREAK ME DOWN...

First off, I'd like to apologize for slowing down my posts on the blog. I had a lot of car trouble that I was running around trying to get fixed and then I had a shoot for ESPNU to take care of. So, this post should have gone up a few days ago, but I just never got to it.

The guys over at Cheesehead TV had an interesting post on Tuesday, linking to The National Football Post; and I saw it just after I had done my blogging about Julius Peppers. Michael Lombardi, in his Diner Morning News article on Monday, talked a whole lot about Julius Peppers and how the Panthers need to try to keep him. But as I said on Tuesday, he wants to play elsewhere in the a 3-4 in 2009. And Michael Lombardi says, "Well he'll have many options, with the first being the Packers." Peppers' first option is the Pack? Don't build me up just to break me down Lombardi... If Peppers goes into free agency, it is a possibility, although Ted Thompson will have to break his wallet in the market for once. If the Panthers franchise tag him in order to get something in return for him, however, I doubt the Thompson makes a play because we know how he loves his draft picks. And Carolina would want a decent share of draft picks for their star defensive end. This is an exciting possibility for Green Bay; I just wish it could be March already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers