Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MY FIRST REAL FEELING OF HOPE... KINDA

While at the Pro Bowl, Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers admitted to NBC's Tiki Barber he wants out of Carolina, saying, "I just feel it's time to move on." He also went on to admit he wants to play in the 3-4 next season. Could this be the moment Ted Thompson has been putting off making any big free agent splashes for? Peppers has averaged over 10 sacks per season in his career, and Aaron Kampman led the Packers with 9.5 in 2008. It's hard to predict how smoothly Kampman's transition to OLB will be in Dom Capers new scheme, but bringing in a threat like Peppers could only help Aaron by taking a little bit of pressure away from him. While excited at the possibility of Peppers being in green and gold next season, I have seen Ted Thompson's lack of spending free agent dollars over his first few offseasons in Green Bay, so I try to remain realistic. Other teams in the mix according to Rotoworld.com are the Browns, Broncos, Dolphins, and 49ers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This is my first true sports writing venture, and I hope to one day be one of the most read blogs about the Green Bay Packers. Knowing how die hard Packers fans are, I hope to create a place where they can get the news about their favorite team on a daily basis, while also commenting and starting discussions on their own. While also commenting on news stories about the team, I hope to be able to give some opinion on possible moves the team should make (ie free agents, draft) and anything else that I feel necessary about the green and gold.

Followers